First and foremost, we rely almost exclusively on customizing our work to our clients’ personal preferences…it is all about YOU.
- Thorough, accurate legal advice and education. This is our area of expertise, but you are the expert about your own needs. DangerLaw takes what we have learned over the years, educates you, and then helps you make smart choices about imperative life decisions.
- Flexible office hours. Mornings, evenings, weekends or holidays. What’s most convenient for you?
- Fixed fees, no surprises. DangerLaw wants you to know how much the preparation of your documents will cost before we begin our work. Wondering about cost until the end of the process is a distraction you need not suffer.
- Competitive pricing. We periodically survey other Estate Planning attorneys to ensure competitive pricing. While Estate Planning decisions should not be driven exclusively by price, DangerLaw’s rates are quite reasonable.
- No charge for phone calls or additional questions. The cost to prepare your documents is fixed. The amount of time it takes to get it right is not. A fixed price means you can focus on your wishes, not your wallet.
- Easy, streamlined process. Taking the first step is hard enough. Some attorneys ask you to complete a 30-50 page in-take form in order to begin. DangerLaw requests a simple, but thorough, four-page questionnaire before our initial meeting, and we work with you personally to customize your documents.
- Quick turnaround. It took long enough for you to get this far. DangerLaw does not want to add to your wait time once you’ve made your own decisions. We (usually) deliver your documents within three weeks of plan identification.
- Ordinary English vs “legalese.” Your documents should not only be effective and binding, but also easy for you to read and understand…ours are.
- Collaboration with people you trust. Your documents’ effectiveness will be fully maximized when they are closely integrated with other documents and plans created by your financial planner, accountant and professional service providers. With your permission, DangerLaw will work with your trusted advisors to ensure that your objectives and documents are all synchronized.
- We like different and unique. If you are in a less conventional category, such as Same Sex Couple, Unmarried Couple, Recently Divorced Individual, Non-US citizen, or Women-Headed household, no worries. We enjoy being thoughtful about your specific needs and wishes. While the law may not support your accomplishment of goals, we do. Come in and see how we can get you to where you want to go.
- The fun factor. Estate planning is typically perceived as time consuming, confusing, intimidating and perhaps morbid. DangerLaw is known for making this process easy, efficient, and actually FUN. Yes, fun. We are so committed to making it enjoyable that we pledge a 5% discount to any client who makes us laugh.
1) During our first meeting, we will:
- Review your information
- Gain a full understanding of your wishes
- Help you prioritize your goals
- Identify preferred care-givers and end-of-life options
- Identify those people you know who will honor your wishes and your assets.
2) Next, we will educate you as to the purpose, function, and benefits of each document within your Estate Plan.
3) Then, together, we will create a customized set of documents that you can fully understand, maintain, easily describe to your family, and flexibly adjust when your goals and wishes change.