Amanda J. Shuman, Esq.Attorney
- University of Pittsburgh, Bachelors of Art (B.A.) in Political Science and English Writing
- University of Massachusetts School of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Admitted to Practice
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State of Rhode Island
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
Professional and Community Associations
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Leadership Academy Fellow, 2017-2018
- Corridor Nine Chamber of Commerce
- Polka Dot Powerhouse
Prior to joining DangerLaw
- Before attending law school, Amanda worked as a Paralegal at Brand & Associates (now Brand & Tapply, LLC), a complex civil litigation and insurance defense firm in Wellesley, MA.
- After law school, Amanda was the Business Development Specialist and General Counsel to Eyetechs, Inc., a consulting firm serving the ophthalmology industry.
- Amanda currently serves as a peer mentor at the Justice Bridge Legal Center, a nonprofit organization which focuses on providing affordable legal services and access to justice for those not otherwise served by the overtaxed legal aid system. Amanda is proud to have worked with Justice Bridge since the organization opened its doors in 2014, first as an attorney accepting referrals from the organization and later as a mentor to other attorneys.
- Amanda is a skilled litigator, trained mediator, and is certified in the Collaborative Law Process, focusing her practice on all areas of family law and probate litigation. Amanda firmly believes that the court is a tool rather than a weapon. Putting contested issues before a judge for feedback while moving the case forward procedurally often allows clients to amicably resolve their disputes and move forward without a full trial. Amanda is results oriented, always striving to get her clients a durable agreement whenever possible.
- Prior to joining DangerLaw in May 2016, Amanda ran her own solo practice in Newton, focusing primarily on complex family law matters.
- Amanda is proud to have been selected for the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Leadership Academy program for the 2017-2018 year.
Outside of DangerLaw
- In her spare time, Amanda attends to her cat Webster’s every desire and and swimming when weather allows.
- She also enjoys spending time with friends and family, trying new restaurants. and fawning over her baby niece. (Ask her for pictures, but be prepared to sit through the whole slide show!)
Office: (617) 340-3231 x 4